2009-03-14

Tape Recorder for Dust

寄件者 MArch_Term 02


寄件者 MArch_Term 02

My project become a crossroad, is dust matters? or particle matters?, where should I position my dust in my project, is it just a phenomenon effect a memory dust?, is it important what kind of dust or where does it comes from? Is it the dust falling from a sculpture by Bernini that indicate the motion of the figure? or it is the dust inside the bunker where all the debris covered inside during the wartime. I'm not sure right now, but the warfare and bunker interests me a lot.

This is just a very simple idea, using a tape to trap the dust around the space from different location, as result shown that the dust aggregates around the corner where can trap more dust. I'm thinking of a dust map recorder then can playback like a film, a pattern of displaying the different condition of the dust occupation. But can dust express the events by just looking at the pattern? It seems a way too idealist.

No comments: