2010-03-27

Vray - Irradiance Map + DMC with Adaptive AA


This week I've being testing the vray plugin for Sketchup to test out the performance and the workflow, the good thing about the plugin is that its intergrated, there's no export and import problem. it directs renders from your Sketchup windows, and the material can be set by picking up the material names, this is very useful that it minimize the time of material settings. Compare to Kerkythea its more of less the same, the only difference is that Kerkythea needs to export the model and will lose the face-me object, and if u change the model u need to re-export it. So if this case, the Vray can used as a default render for daily use with better quality GI output. But...the speed is always the concern. in this case I prefer not to use too many advance material, just glass and matte material, something  flat cartoon like rendering will be really fast.

Again, using the same model and difficult indirect light condition to test out the speed and performance of interior scene which is always the hardcore for GI. In this model I didn't use any rectangle light to fake the sun light ( It will have better quality I guess, u get to setup subdivision of the light emitter) instead, I want to use the SU sun settings to simulate the actual shadow. After 10hr rendering, with 5 passes of Irradiance map + 16 subdivision DMC + Adaptive AA sampling,  the result come up a bit blurry and with common problem of Irradiance map, the black dot. During the testing, I use DMC + 5000 Light Cache, and fixed AA, still come up the same blurry image which is very irritating. I'm not such a vray expert so if u know where is the key settings I need to improve please drop me a message. Here are the settings.

 

No comments: