2010-06-23

Tape Installation


This installation work that posted on http://www.zeitgeistudios.com  is the most stunning innovative work that I have seen recently after the UK Pavilion. Its an architectural installation that is involved with material, inhabitable space, body engage, structural and aesthetics.  A spider web like material and cocoon like textures give it a bizarre expression all simply made from everyday essential, plastic tapes. This approach reminds me to criticize some of the digital manufacture form that is all end up with CNC milling or cross knotted structure which is always stand still, heavy and bulky of new crazy geometries. I appreciate Numen had step forward of the flurry neo architecture language that is indeed NEW!!


http://www.foruse.info/index_in.htm

2 comments:

spm436 said...

when i saw this, i also said "WOW!" but after that, one thought was appeared in my mind "How many tapes did they use?" "after this amazing exhibition, will we have a big plastic garbage?"

wei.tze said...

I agree with the plastic garbage, u actually touch the point that sometimes I argue with myself. How do we human appreciate a stunning work? and its usually something bizarre, unseen, craziness and all these factors comes to a comment of "madness" do we really need mad stuff to appreciate?